Chapter 10 in our book covers distributing news to the media. Some key points are as follows:
1. Essential tools for compiling media lists are media directories.
2. It is important to update your media lists constantly as journalists commonly change jobs rapidly.
3. Tip Sheets are a great way to let publicists know what kind of material is needed.
4. Email is becoming a very popular way to communicate, but first you should establish a relationship before just strictly emailing.
5. Snail mail is still used to distribute materials, but now more commonly in CD ROM form.